At this year’s UBC Chemistry Open House, “Chemistry Beyond the Magic”, I got to do a demo on UV-light, using majestic colour-changing beads and “secret marks” on dollar bills!
The beads change colour when exposed to UV-light, but change back to white when they’re not, while the old dollar bills have “secret marks” on them that only appear when under UV-light.
Gotta love the magic of chemistry :)
Bonus Jonas: Kids got to make bracelets using the colour-changing beads to take home. I consider myself a kid, so I made myself one too.
- boatagainstthecurrents reblogged this from vulpesdormiens
- vulpesdormiens reblogged this from robot-scientist
- snissassa likes this
- shychemist likes this
- aurusallos likes this
- identityfox likes this
- danielle-wrd10 likes this
- drlapis likes this
- tah420 likes this
- pulchritudinoussmartassbitch reblogged this from robot-scientist
- tumble-duh reblogged this from fuckinghatemondays
- tumble-duh likes this
- medicaladhesivetape likes this
- fuckinghatemondays reblogged this from usmlenotebook
- math-a-magic likes this
- themagnificentunknown likes this
- usmlenotebook reblogged this from atomicallena
- robot-scientist reblogged this from atomicallena
- robot-scientist likes this
- atomicallena posted this